1. BE PASSIONATE AND WANT TO SHARE
Before starting your blog, are you sure you've found the right topic and want to share ? A blog is a great personal investment so it is better to be passionate .
Start your blog for a good reason, which is to share and exchange and not to receive free products or make money. These are things that can happen, of course, but it is secondary and it will come through perseverance , investment of time and a lot of work .
2. CHOOSE THE NAME OF YOUR BLOGThis point is not an easy thing, I agree! Try to find an original name , unique and above all that suits you. It is a name that will follow you for a long time because once the blog is created, it is not recommended to change it because it could confuse your readers. To personalize the name of your blog, we can start with your first name , your nickname or something that you like very much. Do trials in your head and in writing. Also check that your choice is not already taken😉
3. DARE TO GET STARTEDA blog is a great adventure , it brings a lot of things, you really have nothing to lose by trying the experience. It doesn't commit you to anything and I bet you'll get caught up in the game quickly. You hesitate because you tell yourself that there are many blogs on the same subject as you? That's right, but that doesn't mean there's no room for your blog. Everyone has something to contribute, their personality and their touch to contribute. First of all, don't forget that you blog out of passion and first and foremost for yourself (and your loved ones).
4. CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORMWhen you want to start your blog it is often the big question: where to create it? There are many blogging platforms but I recommend the two best known because they are easy to use and customizable: Blogger and WordPress.org . I will soon offer you a detailed comparison of these two options.
5. TAKE CARE OF YOUR DESIGN
Design is one of the most important things because it is the first image that the visitor will have of your universe. To make your readers want to stay and browse your articles, they need to feel good there. So try as much as possible to take care of your space to make it pretty and pleasant.
6. CREATE YOUR OWN CONTENT
It is imperative to create your own content , inspiration is not prohibited but copy and paste is! Tell your own stories , describe your feelings and incorporate your own visuals. There is no point in creating a blog if you have nothing to contribute😉 You can of course use free illustrations and / or copyrighted images provided you have permission from the author and quote him but it is better if this remains exceptional .
7. TAKE CARE OF THE CONTENTS
It is important to write properly, that is to say in correct and flawless French . Try to proofread yourself carefully or have yourself proofread to keep your article as neat as possible. It is not easy not to make mistakes, I admit, I myself cannot escape it but it must remain rare.
Also, try to personalize your content by making it come alive . Find your style, add color, highlight certain words, it has to be fun to read .
8. TAKE CARE OF THE PHOTOS / ILLUSTRATIONS
Images are a very important part of your blog, they catch the eye and help make your blog look pretty and pleasant to browse. Try to take bright, crisp photos . I advise you to insert them in a fairly large size and across the width of your article because it is more pleasant to look at.
9. DEMONSTRATE REGULARITYThe best way to drive traffic to your blog is to post regularly because readers will come back to find your new post. It will also show that you are a diligent and active blogger . Being regular also allows you to have more content and therefore to be better referenced on search engines . Your new readers very often discover you in this way, so the more articles you have, the more likely you will be to appear on Google, for example.
Warning ! Publish according to your possibilities and also your ideas . Posting to post will not be beneficial if the content is not of quality and interesting. It is better to publish fewer articles but with better content.
10. REGISTER ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
To promote your blog and develop your community, it is important not to neglect social networks .
Opt in priority for the best known and used:
➳ Facebook : Having a Facebook page allows your users to follow the release of your new articles and your latest news.
➳ Hellocoton : THE social network for women's blogs. Each day the 10 “best” articles in each category are highlighted on the site, which gives rise to a sudden spike in visits. ➳ Twitter : Indispensable for interacting with your subscribers and other bloggers. You can also share some funny little information about your day for example. ➳ Instagram : Create a pretty gallery with your blog photos and / or your pretty personal photos to build loyalty and make you want to discover your universe.
The social networks allow your readers to have a continuity of the blog, follow you to learn more about you and to feel closer to their favorite blogger.